The Sunshine Coast Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Sunshine Coast Community Directory!
We are developing sunshinecoast.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Sunshine Coast for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in The Sunshine Coast?
The Sunshine Coast Community
The Sunshine Coast region of Queensland, Australia, is home to some of the most vibrant and compassionate community groups. These organizations provide essential support, education, and resources for individuals and families in need. In this article, we will explore some of the best community groups in the region and their benefits to the community.
1. Lifeline Sunshine Coast: Lifeline is a national non-profit organization that provides a 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention hotline. They also offer counseling services, community education programs, and emergency relief. The organization's main goal is to reduce the stigma around mental health and prevent suicide.
2. Foodbank Queensland: Foodbank provides food assistance to individuals and families in need. They distribute food to over 300 charities and community groups, including school breakfast programs and homeless shelters. Foodbank's vision is to create a hunger-free Australia.
3. The Smith Family: The Smith Family aims to break the cycle of poverty by providing education support to disadvantaged children. They offer programs such as Learning for Life, which provides financial assistance for educational needs, and mentoring programs that connect students with volunteers for support and guidance.
Community Service Groups
1. Rotary Club of the Sunshine Coast: Rotary is a global service organization that aims to create positive change in the world. The Sunshine Coast chapter is involved in various community service projects, such as providing support for the homeless, organizing fundraising events, and sponsoring youth programs.
2. Lions Club of Coolum Beach: The Lions is a community service organization that focuses on supporting those in need. The Coolum Beach chapter assists with projects such as community fundraising events, providing support to those impacted by disasters, and hosting youth programs.
3. Zonta Club of Caloundra: Zonta is an international service organization that works to empower women and girls worldwide. The Caloundra chapter focuses on local projects such as supporting women affected by domestic violence, providing scholarships for women, and promoting awareness of women's health issues.
1. Alcoholics Anonymous Sunshine Coast: Alcoholics Anonymous is a support group for individuals seeking recovery from alcohol addiction. The Sunshine Coast chapter provides meeting locations and support for those on the road to recovery.
2. Cancer Council Queensland: Cancer Council Queensland offers a range of support services to those affected by cancer, including counseling, financial aid, and accommodation for those traveling for treatment.
3. Parkinson's Queensland: Parkinson's Queensland provides support services and resources for those living with Parkinson's disease. They offer information and referral services, support groups, and education programs.
the Sunshine Coast region is home to many remarkable community groups that provide much-needed services and support. From non-profit organizations and community service groups to support groups, these organizations strive to make the Sunshine Coast community a better place. If you are interested in getting involved or learning more about these groups, please refer to their contact information below:
Lifeline Sunshine Coast: 13 11 14
Foodbank Queensland: 1300 881 668
The Smith Family: 07 5491 5458
Rotary Club of the Sunshine Coast: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lions Club of Coolum Beach: email@example.com
Zonta Club of Caloundra: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alcoholics Anonymous Sunshine Coast: 1300 222 222
Cancer Council Queensland: 131120
Parkinson's Queensland: 1800 644 189
The Sunshine Coast Community Articles